Monday, September 16, 2002

Abuse

"Lord, I come to you with a heart aching. I am wanting to REALISTICALLY come to you about some things:

I pray for M's (and the children's) physical safety, and a super-human (only-You-can-provide-type) emotional strength. Grant her the ability to be discerning, tolerant, gracious, and tough. I beg that you surround her with friends who are not Job's counselors, but who can listen well, let her cry without offering platitudes, and support her practically even when you don't ask for it. Even if it isn't many friends, even one or two, who can truly hold her up with real human hands and hearts to represent to M how much you DO love her.

I also pray what I can ONLY DREAM, in faith, because we believe, from history, You God do have the power to do it if it is Your will:

I pray that S will miraculously repent. That Your spirit will allow him to have nightmares, or other means of revealing to him who has entered his heart, clouded his mind, and is prompting his heinous behaviour -- that S will be shaken up enough to come to his senses, confess his sin, give his fallen nature back to Your care, and beg M's and the children's forgiveness. And that you would grant M the courage, and grace to give it...forgiveness...even if he never does repent."


Dear M:
I know you think this is impossible. And it sounds like it's not anything you dare pray for. But I can. and will. Both the realistic ones as well as the dreams...

I love you my dear sister, even though I'm miles away and can't do much but pray for you and offer these words.

No comments: